Telephone: 01671 401345 | Email:
  • Clients
  • Clients


For all general insurance products we act as introducers only.

Motor Insurance

You must have motor insurance coverage before you can drive your vehicle in a public place. Motor insurance is here to protect you, your vehicle and other motorists against liability in the event of any accident.

It provides financial compensation to cover any injuries caused to people or their property.

There are three main categories of motor insurance:

Third party only

This cover is the minimum legal requirement and ensures that compensation is available in respect of injury to other people (including your passengers) or damage to other peoples' property resulting from an accident caused by you. It doesn't cover any costs incurred by you as the result of an accident.

Third party fire and theft

This provides the same cover as third party only and also insures you should your vehicle be damaged by fire or stolen.


This provides the same cover as third party fire and theft and also covers you should your vehicle be damaged in an accident. Many additions to this level of cover are available from insurance companies including:

  • roadside recovery schemes
  • vehicle repairs in case of breakdown
  • courtesy car while your car is being repaired
  • legal expenses insurance

Nowadays motor insurance is such a competitive market that it is important to shop around and compare coverage on a like-for-like basis.

IFA Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway ~ Financial Adviser Dumfries & Galloway ~ Financial Planning Newton Stewart ~ Financial Advice Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway ~ Pensions Advice Dumfries & Galloway ~ Independent investment advice Newton Stewart ~ Independent Pension advice Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway